Microblading is a long-lasting solution to create fuller, very natural-looking eyebrows. With brows that are shaped specifically for your face, microblading is the perfect, hassle-free solution. No more time spent applying brow makeup – just perfect brow arches that beautifully frame your face.
Why choose microblading for your brows?
Microblading is all about creating the best shaped brow for your face, and is customized for your face shape, current brow condition, and color. Microblading makes your brows appear naturally thicker and fuller without appearing overdone, and our process will determine the best brow shape to enhance your other features.
Unlike tattooing, microblading pigments stay on the surface of the skin, with effects than can last for 12-24 months, or longer. The length of time your microblading procedure will remain visible on your skin is varies from person to person. The results are well worth it.
How does microblading work?
If you’re looking for the best in microblading in New Jersey or New York, Dr. Wise is happy to offer this in-office procedure. It is performed with a custom tool that looks like a pen with a specially-sloped nib.
- The tool has 10-12 tiny needles that are used to implant medical-grade pigment on the epidermis layer of the skin
- The feeling of microblading is more like scratching than poking, so you won’t experience any significant discomfort
- The result of microblading is fine, natural, and realistic-looking
- Because microblading is a long-lasting, but not a lifetime result, the color fades with time
Before you get your microblading procedure with performed at our luxury private clinics in New York or New Jersey, there are few rules to follow! These actions will ensure that your microblading procedure will produce the best results:
- Do not pick, tweeze, wax, or have electrolysis before microblading
- Do not use sunbeds or sit in direct sunlight for at least one week beforehand
- Do not have any type of facial or skin peel up to two weeks prior to microblading
- Stop using retinol or Vitamin A products for up to one month prior
- Stop using fish oil or vitamin E one week prior
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows three days before your appointment
The goal is perfectly arched, lovely brows that appear completely natural.
What to expect during a microblading procedure
To get you the brows of your dreams, microblading happens in a few steps:
- First, brows are cleaned and shaped, preparing the area for treatment
- The numbing topical ointment is applied, and the color is carefully selected
- Our microblading specialist will take measurements of your brows, taking into account face symmetry, shape, features, etc. to design the best-shaped brows for your face
- Once the numbing cream has taken effect, pigment is implanted using featherlight strokes of the microblading pen
- A final layer of pigment is added and the area is cleaned
Does microblading hurt?
Most patients report that microblading isn’t painful, but rather a sensation that is neither pleasant nor unpleasant. The procedure itself is certainly not painful thanks to the numbing cream that is applied before the treatment. Some report that the sound of the blade—a small scratching sound—is the only unpleasant element of microblading.
The actual process of microblading is very quick, but the numbing process can take up to 50 minutes, which adds time to your appointment. The actual microblading procedure takes very little time, but we want to ensure you are comfortable and pain-free.
Recovery after microblading
There is minimal recovery associated with Dr. Wise’s NJ microblading. For up to 10 days after receiving a microblading treatment, you will want to make sure that you:
- Avoid long, hot, steamy showers
- Avoid exercise and direct sunlight (to discourage sweating)
- Use clean pillowcases
- Leave your brows alone! The scab that forms must fall off naturally
- Avoid swimming
- Don’t wear any make-up or use skincare on your brows until they’ve healed.
- No facials, BOTOX, peels, or other facial treatments for up to 4 weeks
Keep in mind that your brows may look up to 40% darker in the first 7-10 days post-microblading, and as the healing process takes place. Once scabs form and flake off, the final color is revealed. You will need a little patience to see the beautiful results.
Top up session
Post-microblading, the most important thing is to keep brows dry; no water is allowed near the brow area, as it may wash the ink out of the skin. Also please keep in mind that, after your first microblading session, it can be common for your body to experience some rejection of the pigment. This is normal! A final session will be scheduled six to eight weeks post-microblading session, in which we will add further strokes or a darker pigment, depending upon your wishes.
Can my microblading results be undone?
The pigment will fade over time, but directly after the treatment, the pigment can be removed if needed. It’s important to keep in mind that because microblading is lasting solution and results will fade differently depending on your skin type, the results fade as the days pass. The initial result is typically darker as some of the pigment will be lost in the first few weeks.
Why choose Dr. Wise?
Dr. Wise is a double board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, with over 5,000 successful facial surgical procedures to his name. His ivy-league training and exclusive focus on the face, head and neck makes Dr. Wise is widely regarded as being among the best in his field.
With his golden worldwide reputation and client list of US and international patients, Dr. Wise’s state of the art facilities in New York and New Jersey offer you the safe, reliable, beautiful results you desire. For beautiful brows that last, arrange a private consultation to find out more. You can trust in the artistry and delicate approach of our brow experts.